Open Coffee Athens welcomes 2020 hosting Index Ventures, one of Europe’s most prominent venture capital funds, alongside two exciting startups.
Join us on Friday, January 17 at Benaki Museum for a stimulating evening of networking with the Greek startup community.
(i) Christoforos Kachris, founder and CEO, will present InAccel. InAccel pioneers FPGA orchestration, providing automated deployment, management, scaling and sharing of FPGA clusters. Christoforos will share more about the company, as well as walk us through the fascinating world of FPGAs and the next frontiers for their development.
- An intro to FPGAs: https://blog.esciencecenter.nl/why-use-an-fpga-instead-of-a-cpu-or-gpu-b234cd4f309c
- Hot FPGA topics: https://www.nextplatform.com/2019/11/07/what-is-the-next-fpga-platform/
(ii) Michael Petychakis, CTO, will present Orfium. Orfium’s music rights management platform helps artists and enterprises distribute their songs and monetize user-generated content. The company is headquartered in LA and currently employs 60 people in Greece, expected to reach 100 within the year.
- Bad metadata result in unpaid royalties: https://ww.9to5mac.com/2019/05/31/royalties-from-streaming-music/
- YouTube music monetization with Orfium: https://www.orfium.com/youtube-music-content-id-monetization/
(iii) Ari Helgason, Principal at Index Ventures, will join us on stage for a fireside chat with yours truly. Since 1996, Index Ventures has been established as a leading venture capital firm, with headquarters in London and San Francisco. The firm has raised more than $5 billion up to date and invested in a long list of legendary technology companies, such as Facebook, Skype, Dropbox, MySQL and Zendesk. Ari will shed light, among others, on the kind of companies that excite him the most, and the best way to approach Index.
- Index Ventures investments: https://www.indexventures.com/relationships/sector/all/region/all
- Europe’s startup success factory: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/index-ventures-successful-venture-fund
Doors open at 6 pm for our beloved networking over coffee. Presentations are to begin at 7 pm. Right after, we return to Benaki’s bar for more networking till late hours.
Attendance is free and open to everyone. Please RSVP on
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/events/6621017743992868864/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/569853973566797/
- Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Open-Coffee-Athens/events/265530267/
Since 2007, Open Coffee has been established as the meeting point of the Greek startup community. If you do startups or simply want to hang out with startup people, this is the place to be. Spread the word and see you there! #opencoffee